RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.7bn.
Due to team growth, we now have an exciting opportunity as a Credit Controller. This is a full time opportunity within the Accounts Receivable team. The main purpose of the role is to collect outstanding debt due from Debtors in accordance with the Company's credit terms and also co-ordinate the resolution of any disputes with customers. The post is part of the wider Corporate Accounts collection team, which consists of eleven credit controllers, each of whom are responsible for a ledger which consists of c.300 active debtors.
The successful candidate must possess previous credit control/accounts experience. In addition, a candidate should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be highly motivated. The role reports into the AR Team Manager.
- Collecting outstanding debt on allocated accounts by telephone and written communication within agreed timescales and maintaining accurate records of all such activity using the Collections Management system.
- Respond promptly and completely to both internal and external customer queries through all methods of contact. Information should be provided in a timely, consistent and professional manner to support the company aim to become First Choice.
- Record queries to a Disputes Management system.
- Making follow up calls to ensure that all queries are resolved and debts are paid in a timely and efficient manner in line with KPI's and objective targets.
- Advising on problem accounts by providing regular updates on customer aged debt performance and highlighting potential cash flow issues to the Finance management team when appropriate.
- Monitoring and maintaining customer credit limits, risk codes and credit exposure in accordance with company credit policy using all available information including credit agency data.
- Chasing overdue payment of invoices in line with the RS payment cycle including application of credit holds if necessary and subsequent referral to RS credit control legal team.
- General administrative duties where required. A number of additional duties may be available to provide development opportunities if desired.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Experience of working in a Credit Control/ Accounts department in a busy environment.
- An ability to work well under pressure whilst applying keen commercial judgment and maintaining a customer service ethic.
- Excellent communication, negotiation & organizational skills.
- Be flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
- Confident telephone manner.
Experience in SAP
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company. In return, we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
Electrocomponents is pleased to support EEA employees to regularise their immigration status as a result of Brexit
How to apply:
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0)