Paraplanner / Review Services
We are a well-established and growing financial planning practice that has been providing specialist advice to private and corporate clients across Sussex and Kent for over 15 years.
Due to continued business growth we would like to welcome a new paraplanner permanently to the team, initially covering maternity leave for our MiFiD II annual reviewer while you develop into the full paraplanner role.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to grow with the company. It will provide the platform for either an experienced financial services administrator to take the first steps into paraplanning, or for an existing paraplanner seeking a new opportunity to further their career, with the opportunity to broaden your technical ability and report writing skills through training, guidance and exam support.
Absolute is committed to training and developing its people. You will therefore be given full exam support to support your professional development. You will need enthusiasm and a desire to learn new skills and undertake qualifications.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Outstanding candidates only need apply for our successful and dynamic company.
- Manage the annual review process, including the master-spreadsheet, effectively
- Work with Advisers as required to obtain research on investments held prior to client meeting
- Obtaining valuations and compliance information required of all assets under review
- Assessing clients objectives, attitude to risk and capacity for loss compared to their existing investments
- Prepare accurate letters containing MiFiD compliant information
- Ensure annual review procedures followed from start to finish
- Assisting department, directors and advisers as required
- Providing a consistently high level of customer service to clients
- Obtaining information on a client's existing financial arrangements and conducting a gap analysis
- Research including investments and funds, pension switching comparisons, cash flow and retirement income modelling, annuity quotes, tax calculations
- To collect relevant data in order to complete the reports
- Produce quotations on financial products for comparison
- To produce personalised, accurate and compliant client recommendation reports to communicate advice
- Collate and upload all relevant data and correspondence to our Intelligent Office back office system to submit cases for compliance checking
Experience / Qualifications
- A background in financial services with a good knowledge of all retail investment products and a desire to maintain knowledge of industry developments
- Hold, working towards or ready to commence working towards Level 4 Financial Services Diploma qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning
- A good team player, comfortable working within a team as well as managing your own workload
- Strong PC skills
- Knowledge of research tools and software (eg O&M Pensions and Investment Profiler, Morningstar, Trustnet)
- Experience of Intelligent Office back office system
- Understanding of industry legislation, including MiFID II, GDPR and AML
- Able to identify process improvements
For immediate consideration please forward your CV and covering letter for the attention of Hayley Broad at Absolute Financial Management.