Three Crowns is an international law firm dedicated to international arbitration. The firm has a team of over 60 arbitration specialists working across offices in Paris, London and Washington DC.
The role will involve working with partners and colleagues across the firm on high value, complex international arbitration cases with a specific focus on the Asian market - principally disputes involving transnational commercial contracts and international investment treaties between parties located in multiple jurisdictions. It will also include:
- Assisting partners with advising and representing clients in, and in relation to, commercial arbitration, investment treaty arbitration and public international law matters.
- Conducting research, reviewing documents, drafting advice, correspondence and pleadings, gathering evidence and assisting with the preparation of witness and expert evidence, in relation to such proceedings.
- Liaising with clients, witnesses and experts, tribunals and opposing counsel.
Skills, qualification and experience required
- Must have up to 1 year post qualification experience of working within a global, leading dispute resolution practice, with a mixture of both commercial litigation and international arbitration experience.
- Must have international arbitration experience within the construction, energy and oil and gas sectors within multiple jurisdictions, including Asia and/or Africa.
- Must have experience of working within the New York and London market within an arbitration environment.
- Experience working on high value, complex international investment and commercial arbitration matters.
- Strong and proven technical skills in the field of international commercial arbitration and investment treaty arbitration with experience of working under the principal international arbitration rules.
- Experience in drafting witness statements, reviewing expert reports and of managing the disclosure process.
- In-depth knowledge of Chinese and English law.
- Proven ability to conduct effective research of multiple jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with administrative law regimes in multiple jurisdictions.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- Excellent academic background - ideally educated to Masters/Post Graduate level.
- Proficient in Mandarin with ability to fluently converse and write in English.
- Able to manage competing demands and work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in all written work.
Open Date: 07/01/2019
Closing Date: 03/02/2019