Head of UK Sales (Leading Private Hospital)
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of UK Sales to join our Marketing & Business Development department at The London Clinic. This role will report into the Commercial Director and form part of the hospital’s Senior Management Team.
The London Clinic was established in 1932, and is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with circa 1100 employees, and 8 sites situated in the heart of London’s medical community (Harley Street). This includes our main hospital which spans 8 floors comprising of 234 patient beds and 10 theatres. Other sites include; The Duchess of Devonshire Wing, which has state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms, as well as The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
We are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
The Head of UK Sales will lead a team of 9, and be responsible for developing, planning and delivering the hospital’s business development strategy to increase sales and ultimately revenue/profit of the hospital’s private healthcare business.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
- Location: The London Clinic Administration Building - London, NW1 4LJ.
- Salary: Highly competitive salary, plus competitive bonus scheme.
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket travel loan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, plan and deliver the hospital’s business development strategy, and responsible for consultant recruitment and retention strategies.
- Oversee the development and delivery of key revenue lines, as well as, identify, define and deliver specific new service line opportunities.
- Responsible for the direct line management of the Business Development Managers, Consultant Business Relationship Managers and GP Liaison team.
- Development of long term relationships between The London Clinic’s consultants, external stakeholders and the hospital in order to enhance referral relationships and develop consultants’ private practices at the Clinic.
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team and Heads of Departments to identify new services/income sources at the hospital and developing these as marketable propositions.
- Working in partnership with the Marketing team regarding development of specific consultant marketing plans, online marketing as well as producing promotional material.
Skills & Experience
- Sales experience within a healthcare setting.
- Proven management experience with the ability to lead, coach and develop a team.
- Educated to degree level, and an MBA or Marketing / Business qualification would be desirable.
- Experience of leading and developing new business streams.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships at all levels.
- Engaging communicator with excellent project management, planning, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Innovation and broad thinking is key - we are looking for an individual who drives the team to achieve the hospital’s ambition to "be the most trusted hospital".
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.