Management Accountant - Retail
Edward Mann are currently recruiting on behalf of a fast growing Ecommerce company, who are looking for an ambitious Management Accountant to support the Financial Controller.
- Assisting with production of monthly management accounts (detailed departmental level with variance analysis and commentary)
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and preparing month end reconciliation schedule, ensuring all balances agree to the balance sheet
- Preparing month end accruals and prepayments
- Monthly Debtors and Creditors list analysis - reviewing and explaining outstanding and aging balances.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash control accounts, ensuring that all Ecommerce transactions are reconciled.
- Stock reconciliations
- Intrastat and EC sales
- Assisting with VAT reports, and submission to HMRC and VAT agency for EU returns.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register, capitalisation and posting monthly depreciation
- Assist with budgeting and cash-flow
- Assisting with P&L reporting and variance analysis
- Assist with the drafting and production of year-end financial statements
- Support the annual audit process
- Helping with other financial tasks such as sales analysis and margin reports and other add hock reports as requested
- Follow financial policies, procedures and controls that conform to generally accepted accounting principles and meet regulatory requirements
- Experience within Accountancy and Finance, strong understanding of Debit/Credits, Balance Sheet and P&L)
- Accurate, logical, and concise approach to their work.
- Strong commercial awareness
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
- Proficient user of Excel (vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, etc)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI (desirable)
- Excellent organisation, writing & communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Manages own time and prioritises workload effectively
- The spirit to work well in a team and thrive under pressure
- Willingness to learn with a "can-do" attitude
- Active studier in either ACCA, CIMA or ACA (although candidates that are not studying/qualified but with suitable experience will still be considered)
If interested, please apply ASAP!
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.