Chef de Partie
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Salary: £21,840 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Location: Clifton College, Bristol - BS8 3HE
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Due to our continued success we are now looking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join our team based at Clifton College in Bristol.
Chef de Partie Main Responsibilities Include:
- To support a 5 day per week day school catering contract.
- Responsible to work safely with all Sodexo work colleagues
- To prepare and drive the delivery of the meals to the pupils by enhancing the pupil experience in order to meet both client and company expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations.
- To ensure that all statutory and company regulations and policies relating to Allergens, food hygiene, health, safety and fire are enforced, recorded and maintained at all times and resulting in Green Safeguard audit.
- Actively innovate in terms of food presentation and engage in partnered curriculum based food activity, such as Discovery Tables, Classroom Tastings.
- To control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- To ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that the necessary weekly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- To understand and maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service review and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required
Chef de Partie Main Assignments Include:
- Comply with all company and statutory regulations relating to Health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place.
- Assist in the preparation, production, presentation and service of all meals ensure they are served at the correct times, within the company's standards and to the agreed specification of the contract.
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the company's standards and to ensure food is served at the correct temperature
- Assist the head chef when required in planning menus and orders
- Receive and check in goods against invoice for quality
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule 'first in first out' and comply with health and safety regulations.
- Assist in the service of meals as required.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and food service area at all times.
- Keep all work areas and surfaces clean and tidy at all times. Assist with routine cleaning schedules as required.
- Ensure high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to our customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the company's and client's standards.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
The ideal Chef de Partie will have:
- 1 - 2 years Chef de Partie experience
- Commis Chef that is looking for a new challenge will be considered.
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
Chef de Partie Desirable skills:
- 706/3 or NVQ3 chef hospitality qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef de Partie to join a reputable business that encourages career progression and offers fantastic rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview