Would you like to work in popular school which has seen various famous figures progress through?
Doth thee wanteth a new English teaching position commencing in April 2019?
Cometh and apply the present day
A mixed gender public secondary school for ages 11-18 is seeking an English teacher to join their experienced department to start in April. The school is located within a 10 minute walk of Three Bridges train station which is on the mainline between London and Brighton and it's also easily accessible by car just off the M23. In its most recent Ofsted report the school achieved a rating of 'good' and is currently one of the stronger performing schools in West Sussex.
In the role you can benefit from:
* A competitive salary
* Inspiring and influencing our next generation
* Easily accessible (within 10 minutes walk of the nearest train station)
* Term-time work
* Opportunity to teach A level
* On-site parking
* Free on-site gym
Your responsibilities will include:
* Preparing and delivering quality lessons on English literature & language
* The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing environments
* Linking lessons with the use of challenging homework
* Marking and providing relevant feedback on completed work
* Ensuring the behaviour of the children is managed effectively
* Prioritising the safety and safeguarding of the children
* Attending extra-curricular activity such as revisions clubs and parents evenings
Key requirements for the position include:
* An in-date DBS check with no reprimands which would deem you inappropriate to work with children
* A relevant teaching qualification
* A relevant degree
* QTS is desirable, NQT applicants are warmly welcomed
* Experience of teaching English literature and language to native speakers is essential
* An engaging and enthusiastic approach to teaching
If this opportunity to join a great team appeals to you we will look forward to receiving your application. On receipt of your application and CV you will be contacted by one of our dedicated consultants and invited for interview where we will further outline the details of the role and support you with the documentation required to be successful in your application.
If this is not the role for you but you would be interested in something similar then we have many other roles currently available and upcoming so do still get in touch!