Area Sales Manager - UK North (Service & Maintenance)
We’ve partnered with a global and innovative leader in the manufacturing and construction industries. With over 13,000 people employed globally, our Client operate over 100 manufacturing sites in over 70 countries across the world. Due to continued growth and acquisitions, they are looking to recruit talented and driven individuals to join their successful organisation.
Overview of role:
As part of a new business division there is a requirement for a high calibre Area Sales Manager to sell maintenance contracts for smoke control systems to end user, Facilities Management, and other clients, along with the estimation and preparation of quotes for refurbishment and installation projects. Reporting directly to the National Sales Manager, this position is home-based, and covering the North of England. The Area Sales Manager will have total responsibility and accountability for all sales activities and development within their defined sales area. The successful candidate will be expected to achieve and where possible exceed allocated targets, including both order volume and margin targets, whilst providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers alike.
- Selling and promoting their range of products and services at the highest achievable gross margins and with zero rectification costs post order.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to complete quotations for service and refurbishment projects, following site surveys.
- Generate new business leads.
- Maintain existing client base.
- Ensure regular face-to-face contact with existing and potential clients (aim to spend a minimum of 3 days per week out on area).
- Use the in-house Navision system to generate quote reference numbers, log quote details etc, and update on a monthly basis.
- Assist Contracts Administrator with Annual Contract Renewal procedures by providing face to face client contact, site attendance and re-quotes where required.
- Work closely with Regional Controller and Scheduler to ensure smooth handover of new contracts to the operations team, with all necessary information issued to relevant personnel, and conduct site handover (if required).
- Monitor competitor’s prices and product range. Provide regular updates to the UK Sales Manager, as well as reporting on any new innovative systems and market activities.
- Attend quarterly sales meetings.
- The post holder will work within the health & safety policy and will work actively with the company to ensure that health & safety is always endorsed when in the office on site at home or on any company business.
What do I need to apply? (essential criteria)
- Previous sales experience (minimum 4 - 5 years) with a track record of achievement
- Commercial awareness
- Effective negotiation skills
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and driven
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office or equivalent packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when interacting with colleagues and customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Good problem solving skills
- A team orientated approach
Highly Desirable qualities
- Experience of working in a fast paced, quality focused environment
- Sales experience in a related/associated industry i.e. Fire Alarm
- Technical aptitude