Waking Nights: 1:1 Support with Autistic Young Adults
At Veritas, we are looking to expand our team of care professionals and are recruiting in across Preston and the surrounding area. Our service is provided to clients who are Autistic and have numerous Mental Health Issues and to support them within a residential environment.
Working with young adults your duties may include: assisting with personal care initially until the client is able to achieve this by themselves; supporting the clients in engaging in rehabilitation exercises; and enabling the clients to adapt to living at home, de-esculate tricky situations and ensure safety and enjoyment at all times.
Desirable qualifications NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, However, we believe you cannot teach people to care; that comes naturally, so don't worry if you have no experience or qualifications. We will help you to learn how to provide the support people need when working within their own home.
So if you're looking for a change in career or a new fulfilling challenge, Veritas can offer you:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time & Temp - Perm
Salary: £10.00 per/hour
- Preston (Preferred)
- Driving licence (Preferred)
- Online Transferable (IDEAL)
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART childcare vouchers
- SMART pension option
We have full and part time hours to suit candidate's needs but you must be available to work days, evenings and alternate weekends over the following shift patterns:
9:00pm - 9:00am or 16:00pm - 22:00pm (Monday - Thursday)
So if you think that care work is the right challenge for you please do not hesitate to get in touch and contact Marcus on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'