Head of Finance
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Finance to join our Central Support team based in Crewe, Cheshire. You will join us on a full time basis and in return receive a highly competitive salary.
Our client provides an exciting place to work; an ambitious and fast paced business with a team who want to make a difference. Operating as the UK’s largest franchised off-license and convenience chain. With over 2000 colleagues and over 800 stores nationwide, they trade under the Bargain Booze, Select Convenience, Central Convenience and Wine Rack brands. Our business is growing and changing every day and we have a variety of exciting opportunities for ambitious people who are passionate about delivering a great service.
In this role you will be responsible for the financial management of the company, whilst being accountable for the supervision of the Corporate Finance Team and fully accountable for managing relationships with external parties.
As a Head of Finance you will:
- Be responsible for the Consolidated Accounts to allow measurement of business performance
- Prepare board and executive committee packs, providing a variance analysis to management on a monthly basis
- Prepare and review of Management accounts, Balance Sheet and P&L account
- Be responsible for statutory accounts, corporation tax computation, assist with partners’ tax returns and statutory returns
- Be responsible for the cash management of the company, ensuring that cash flows are accurately monitored and forecasts
- Liaise with HMRC across the different tax regimes to ensure compliance with legislation and timely reporting and payments
- Ensure adherence to all financial and legal obligations regarding accounts, expenditure and reporting
- Lead the supplier payments team to ensure that processes are all followed, accounts are reconciled regularly, and payments are made on time
- Lead the Credit Control team to ensure that all franchisee accounts are paid on time and any out of terms debt is managed. Completion of a monthly debtors review
- Ensure the accurate accounting of revenue and margin, providing analysis across the team to help decision making
- Annual Budget preparation and reporting for internal and external purposes
- Supervise of annual audit process and working with auditors to ensure compliance
- Manage any relationships with corporate banks relating to working capital matters and longer term debt structure
- Manage any relationships with Credit Insurance companies, keeping them informed.
- Develop of the wider finance team to ensure that there is a strong development of pipeline talent across the finance team, taking the responsibility to ensure that development plans are in place across the team
- Deputise for the Finance Director as required
As the ideal Head of Finance you will have…
- Experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis, with at least 5-7 years of proven Financial Controller experience
- Strong understanding and proven experience of statutory accounting
- IT confident with experience of a number of systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness and experience gained in a retail environment
- Experience of managing multiple key stakeholders
- Absorb and summarise complex and diverse information
- Ability to work under pressure and plan ahead
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast paced organisation
- Confidence to challenge and influence successfully
- Degree level education
- 7-10 years PQE. ACCA/CIMA Qualified
In return as a Head of Finance, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits which includes access to a health cash plan, pension scheme, and an annual bonus scheme.
If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge and have the skills to further develop our team then please apply for the role of Head of Finance. We can’t wait to hear from you!