Head Pastry Chef
Job Title: Head Pastry Chef
Salary: £28,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Location: Clifton College, Bristol - BS8 3HE
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Due to our continued success we are now looking to recruit a Head Pastry Chef to join our team based at Clifton College in Bristol.
Head Pastry Chef Purpose:
- To manage the pastry kitchen operation and ensure the company's reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
Head Pastry Chef Main Responsibilities Include;
- To ensure pastry food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Executive Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the pastry section as appropriate.
- To compile food orders and develop new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the Sodexo and Clifton College.
- To ensure that Sodexo's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To present, photograph and write recipe cards for products.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all pastry food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To assist in the development of the kitchen team by empowering it, supporting it, encouraging it and maintaining an 'open door' policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure all financial controls, costings, wastage and orders are met within the college budget.
- To ensure purchasing is made using nominated suppliers and a system for quality and credit controls is maintained.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To ensure safe working practices are followed and equipment faults are reported to the Executive Head Chef.
- To ensure that all college procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
- To actively promote a safe working environment following company guidelines.
Head Pastry Chef Other Responsibilities:
- To be smartly dressed wearing provided company uniform, polite, professional and friendly at all times, with customers, clients & colleagues.
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
- To demonstrate a can - do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products and services in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
- To actively gain feedback, passing on comments gained to your line manager
- To ensure any job asked is performed and completed to the best of your ability.
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Executive Head Chef and attending training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client.
- To use innovation in trial menus and products
The ideal Head Pastry Chef will have:
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Flair and innovative with menus and food presentation
- Effective at time management
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Proficient at working with computers
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Smart clean appearance, high standard of personal hygiene
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Successful progressive background in contract catering
- Exposure to leadership management training skills
- Confident, lively and outgoing personality
About the Company:
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head Pastry Chef to join a reputable business that encourages career progression and offers fantastic rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.