Finance Manager Commercial
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager (Commercial) to join our Central Support team based in Crewe, Cheshire. You will join us on a full time basis and in return receive a highly competitive salary.
Our client provides an exciting place to work; an ambitious and fast paced business with a team who want to make a difference. Operating in as the UK’s largest franchised off-license and convenience chain. With over 2000 colleagues and over 800 stores nationwide, they trade under the Bargain Booze, Select Convenience, Central Convenience and Wine Rack brands. Our business is growing and changing every day and we have a variety of exciting opportunities for ambitious people who are passionate about delivering a great service.
In this role you will financially support and challenge the Commercial team within the Retail Division in developing and delivering key management information, measuring performance against forecast, identifying key operating metrics, and presenting Management packs and reports.
As a Finance Manager (Commercial) you will:
- Prepare and analyse weekly and monthly management information on revenue, margin and stock
- Add context to revenue variance analysis against forecasts through constant monitoring, and investigation of variances with the commercial team
- Provide a sound understanding of promotional changes so that we understand each promotion change and carry the learnings forward to future changes
- Evaluation and analysis to support recommendations and challenge to the business unit to deliver improved decisions and results
- Provide an understanding to capture supplier profitability
- Provide analysis and support to maximize supplier rebates in the business unit
- Develop the finance analyst team, and establish best practice across the commercial finance team
As the ideal Finance Manager (Commercial) you will have…
- Experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis
- IT confident with experience of a number of systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness and experienced with working with Business partners at varied business levels
- Experience of managing multiple key stakeholders
- Absorb and summarise complex and diverse information
- Ability to work under pressure and plan ahead
- Ideally be 3-5 year qualified accountant, or QBE
In return as a Finance Manager (Commercial), you will receive a competitive salary and benefits which includes access to a health cash plan, pension scheme, and an annual bonus scheme.
If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge and have the skills to further develop our team then please apply for the role of Finance Manager (Commercial). We can’t wait to hear from you!