International Management Accountant
International Management Accountant
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We are one of the most respected solar companies in the world. Founded in 1998, we have been around since the early days of the solar industry and are part of the rapid evolution that has made PV the mainstream energy source that it is today. We have put solar on a greater variety of sites than any other company in the industry and have won multiple awards for product innovation.
We are in business for a purpose: to make a meaningful difference in the fight against climate change through the widespread adoption of solar power. We are a big believer in helping solar change our world for the better and contribute 5% of our net profits every year to the charity we founded, which aims to eradicate kerosene lamps from Africa by 2020.
As of January 2019, the Group international operating companies include The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Panama, Chile, Mexico, South Africa and Kenya and the Group international SPV's are in Europe and Latin America. Further expansion in Europe, Latin America and Africa is envisaged as part of the current 5-year business plan.
About the role:
We now have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to work within our London based Head Office. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who wants to work within a high achieving environment that will offer a long-standing career and progression opportunities.
Reporting to the International Financial Controller, the International Management Accountant will support the International Financial Controller in all aspects of the day to day financial control of the Group international operating companies and / or project SPV's.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Processing of the day to day transactions, including banking, treasury, accounts receivable and payable functions
- Preparation of project / contract data for revenue and cost recognition recording purposes
- Preparation of contract-related balances (deferred revenue, WIP and accruals)
- Preparation of management accounts, including income statement, balance sheet, and variance analysis
- Production of detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local fiscal requirements to include, as appropriate, VAT / PAYE / indirect taxes, withholding taxes, corporate taxes and duties
- Assist with the annual audit process including the preparation of all relevant audit and tax information and liaising with the Group auditors
- Provide support with the due diligence process for the project SPV's
Qualifications and experience:
- Part qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with relevant management accounting experience
- 2 years' + experience in similar role
- General business or accounting degree would be desirable
- Experience in either project (construction and/or development) accounting
- Ability to deal with multiple companies and multiple currency experience, preferably from an SPV background
- Experience reconciling intercompany transactions
- Attention to detail and the desire to develop and improve systems and processes
- Flexible, proactive and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to negotiate and build relationships across the wider business
- Team player, ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Experience of working with the Navision accounting system is desirable
- Intermediate excel skills, must be comfortable producing reports using Vlookup and Pivot Table functionality in Excel
- French or Dutch speaker desirable
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.