This distribution business has enjoyed steady expansion through acquisition and organic growth, benefitting from a private equity investment and driven by highly experienced leadership team they are currently market leaders in the UK, with increasing demand for their products via online sales and overseas customers.
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen for a Financial Controller to take responsibility for the finance department and report into the Finance Director. The role will have operational responsibility for all day to day activities and production of financial results. This is a high level position requiring a qualified accountant who can manage a team of eight responsible for reporting and analysis on all company financial entities, including UK and international subsidiaries. Duties will include:
- Creation of monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Managing cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Driving improvement in KPI reporting and commercial awareness
- Updating and improving accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborating with external auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Preparing budgets and financial plans for the group
- Analysis of all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Creating systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Reporting to the FD with timely and accurate financial information you will supervise and manage all financial department staff, motivate and lead your team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback. Previous experience at Finance Manager / Financial Controller level is therefore essential for this role and the Financial Controller must possess strong leadership skills in addition to out-standing technical ability. Applicants for this role must be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with the ability communicate at all levels and think critically to drive change and improvement.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!