District Sales Manager - West London
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big - with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the company's visions. Our staff understand that what we do is much more than "just" produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK. One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
District Sales Manager - for either the Kent & Sussex or West London Territory to generate new business customers, and ensure the efficient follow up of all potential customer leads.
Description of Team / Department
South East AsphaltPurpose of / Responsibilities of the role
- Generate new business customers, and ensure the efficient follow up of all potential customer leads.
- Effectively maintain a pipeline of further business activity from existing customers
- Ensure a consistent high level of service offering to all existing and prospective customers
- Formulate, develop and coordinate the delivery of highly valued account plans for existing and potential new customers that achieve mutual business outcomes
- Complete structured call plans with prospects through face-to-face presentations and networking, that effectively communicates Hanson's value proposition
- Identify strategic and key business opportunities within the market and ensure these opportunities are converted into new business activity
- Identify and develop relationships with key prospects and decision makers of existing customers, effectively communicating Hanson's value and unique selling proposition and differentiators
- Regularly conduct market analysis and gather market intelligence within the industry
- Identify opportunities to "add value" and contribute to the success of the customers' businesses
- Continuously network with key supplier outlets (e.g. developers, construction companies, major infrastructure and industry bodies)
- Be actively involved with various industry bodies with the aim of monitoring industry development and providing information to prospects and existing customers on industry and market trends
- Achieve territory/account sales volume targets as well as new product volume targets
- Collaboratively, work with and influence the Region's Sales Team Customer Service Manager's within the territory
- Ensures data is accurately captured within Hanson's CRM and other sales management systems
- Effectively provide completed business deals to other Sales team members to close out necessary account requirements
- Effectively and efficiently ensure deals are closed, and all activities are aligned to Hanson's Company Values and Building Supplies
- Be actively involved in preparation of annual sales budgets for the relevant territory
- Proactively collaborate with customers & internal stakeholders to achieve desired win-win outcomes
- Assist in the preparation of quotes and submission of tenders
- Provide timely and accurate feedback and advice to relevant stakeholders
- Implement and support segment strategies and achieve targets
- Management and optimisation of external customer base
Skills / Experience
Sales & customer management
Building Materials and/or Asphalt experience
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.