SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you looking for a change in career? Would you like to make a difference with students who find everyday tasks and learning challenging? Would you like to use your creativity within your work? Then this could be the right role for you!
I am recruiting for a teaching assistant to join an outstanding specialised school in a full time and permanent position with start from January 2019.
You will be joining a team whose aim is to provide the best educational, care and transition pathways for children and young people from ages 7 - 19 years who experience difficulties with learning and communication. You will be well supported by management and staff to learn, develop and progress and will be supporting a class of lovely students aged 8-10.
Benefits of working with Randstad:
-Exclusive online services
-On call 24/7
-Great market knowledge to match you to your perfect role
-Team teach training
-Advice and editing on your current CV
-Dedicated consultant throughout your journey
- Top of the range technology and modern resources
- Team teach Training
- A unique teaching approach
- Support from care and therapy staff
- Extensive grounds
- Team days and events
- Brilliant career progression opportunities
- On site parking
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist students during class making sure they are on track
- Liaise with class teacher to ensure a smooth running class
- Supervision of children during their playtimes/lunch breaks
- Enabling learners to access the curriculum
- Support the pastoral needs of the learners
- Be an active part in setting the learning environment
- Supporting learners on a 1:1 basis and part of a small group in a range of activities through out the day
- Using your interests to engage students in learning
The ideal candidate may posses the following skills and capabilities:
- Be able to work with learners with various learning difficulties
- Have an understanding of the students with emotional needs
- Willingness to learn and build relationships with learners
- Be confident to support the lead in groups, in different educational subjects
- The ability to work as an individual and as a part of the team
- Be flexible in your approach to education.
Do you feel that you have the skills and patients for this role? Then this is definitely the role for you!
Interviews will be held on Wednesday the 19th of December 2018 so please apply today.
For more information about this role please contact Stine (pronounce Steena) Hansen on or email .
If this isn't the right role for you, I have an array of positions in the Sussex, Surrey, Essex and Kent area which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.