We are one of the UK’s largest and most successful software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 10-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly to more than 2,000 staff serving 20,000 customers across the UK
Our Development Centres of Excellence in Bangalore, Vadodara and Gandhinagar play a vital role within our Engineering function, driving our feature development and product innovation. Working across our entire suite of products, our teams work closely with our UK Development and Product teams to deliver our product roadmap and development plans.
We're currently looking to add a Software Engineer to our team. As part of our R&D function, you will be involved in:
- Maintaining and developing our VME migration product
- Maintaining and developing our Flexgen rapid application development product
- Assisting the migration team on an ad-hoc basis
- Required - Good all round COBOL skills with specific knowledge of Micro Focus Visual COBOL
- Advantageous - Experience of developing in Perl
- Advantageous - Experience of using object orientation
- Advantageous - VME knowledge
- Advantageous - Experience of using YAML
- Advantageous - Experience of using TPMS
Suitable candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills, with excellent spoken and written English
- A real passion for software development and technical problem solving
- An ambitious mindset combined with a strong desire for continued development
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with
potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We
look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual
personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We
want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride
ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public
sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that
simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee
discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers
(including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and
theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? We are an equal opportunity employer, committed
to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to
take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR
team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a
member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!