Legal Adviser - Defence/Credit Hire
ACS are looking for a Legal Adviser specialising in Defence/Credit Hire in the Birkenhead office of an established law firm.
The candidate should have relevant experience in handling Defence claims, with particular expertise and industry knowledge in the field of credit hire litigation.
Roles and duties of the position include:
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non- litigated Defence personal injury claims, including RTA Claims, and pursuing Part 20 claims on behalf of clients when appropriate
- Where appropriate advise on progress/claims involving technical arguments such as indemnity/RTA/Article 75, insurer issues, reconciling from admissions, and pursuing non-parties to litigation
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant clients
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMC's
- Instruct counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC's etc.
- Take a pragmatic commercial approaches to settlements and advising clients to litigation/cost risks
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on to do list
Candidate requirements for the position include:
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 5 years' experience in the personal injury field
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing defences in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- A proven track record of running a successful and fast and/or multi track caseload within a personal injury environment
- Experience of working with a case management system
- Must have an in depth knowledge of credit hire litigation
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
- An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- An ability to work in an organised manner
- An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
- Good team working skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good IT/Keyboard skills
Benefits from the Company:
- Flexible Working dependant on the role requirements
- Childcare vouchers
- Medicash after passing 6 month probation (Includes a vast range of discounts including retail discounts, contract phone discounts and many other discounts for both the high street and online. Medicash also offers the option to claim back medical expenses up to a certain value)
- Discounted gym membership after passing 6 month probation
- Subsidised social events
- Free Fruit on Monday's
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.