Purchase Ledger Administrator
My client, a retail, publishing and merchandise company are recruiting into their Finance team. The main focus pf the role is processing invoices, supplier payments and general accounts administrator.
- Sole responsibility for handling and distribution of incoming post for the department and general administration duties
- Organising all incoming invoices. Logging invoices on document register and distributing to internal departments for authorisation and coding.
- Chasing status of unauthorised invoices in Access by running off regular reports.
- Posting authorised invoices on to Access accounts system.
- Co-ordinating monthly supplier payments run and other ad hoc payments as instructed by Financial Accountant, Publishing personnel.
- Preparing monthly cheque run; ensuring BACS payment details are correctly set up on Banking software and that the remittance details are correct.
- Raising weekly payments for royalties and advances as required by the Management Accountant.
- Chasing suppliers for invoices identified as missing from supplier reconciliation
- Completing supplier reconciliation for some regular suppliers
- Create new project Codes
- Proactively develop and maintain the highest standards of customer care in all areas of responsibility.