Senior Analyst Box Management
Our client, a global leading investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions; is seeking a Senior Quantitative Equity Strategist - Global equity management.
The Quantitative Equity Strategist team is a central part of the Quantitative Equity investing franchise at our clients Asset Management. Quantitative Strategists work closely with portfolio management, client service and sales, marketing, product management, and research teams to develop and articulate insights relating to our various Quantitative Equity Strategies.
Their Global Equity capabilities include both active and passive strategies. The Strategists primary functions are to initiate and present thought leadership related to Global Equity strategies, expand existing business lines, lead external facing efforts to develop and promote investment strategies and to further enhance and support portfolio management techniques and processes.
Strategists are expected to work seamlessly and collaboratively with portfolio managers, client service and sales professionals, marketing, product management, and research teams. In addition, the position is a highly visible one, both within the organization and in the broader investment community, and thus Strategists are expected to be effective "ambassadors" of the group.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Serve as a key member of Equity investments, focused on building the Equity business by providing the highest level of investment and product development expertise as well as exemplary internal/external client communications skills.
• Partner with portfolio managers, develop, vet and refine equity and related products for the firm’s Equity platform.
• Act as a "proxy" for portfolio managers, meet with clients, prospects and/or intermediaries, including internal constituencies, to: explain investment philosophy, process, and performance of specified investment products; and, as appropriate, to provide updates on overall financial market performance, top-down macro perspectives and the investment team’s strategy outlook.
• Provide timely delivery of high-quality communications, both written and oral, which cover Equity product features and performance along with current equity outlooks and analyses.
• Act as a gatekeeper for investment product information as well as for the equity investment teams, managing external requests on their behalf.
• Serve as primary contact for account managers regarding Equity products within the firm.
We seek individuals who wish to take on a strategic role representing all aspects of the Global Equity Capabilities. This individual will have the opportunity to work together with sales and client service professionals and develop products in concert with portfolio management and product management. This person will have frequent interaction with institutional clients on a global basis, and will be a strategic visionary. This individual will contribute to key strategic decisions
• Ability to write commentaries research reports, and white papers.
• Knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities (especially FCA and MiFID II standards) and the legal and regulatory contexts within which investment decisions are made, acquired through formal education and work experience, to ensure that investment activities are in compliance.
• A strong background in quantitative investing techniques is preferred, acquired through formal education and/or work experience.
• An advanced degree in financial mathematics, financial engineering, or an MBA in finance is preferable.
• CFA accreditation is a plus.
• Current or previous client servicing responsibilities
• Experience working in a complex global work environment, and a strong desire to succeed.