The Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales and purchase ledgers and basic bookkeeping. The Accounts Assistant will typically report into the Accounts Manager and the role will include helping the team of accountants.
My client is a leading international construction company.
An Accounts Assistant will normally be expected to undertake a broad range of duties and responsibilities, which can include.
- Maintaining spreadsheets for the department.
- Working with sales / purchase ledger.
- Credit control.
- Preparation of accounts.
- Managing the department's post.
- Writing and handling cheques.
- Dealing with purchase orders
- Reconciliation of finance accounts.
- Processing invoices & expense forms.
- Providing administrative support to the team.
- Working closely with individuals across the business at all levels.
- Filing and archive of invoices.
The successful candidate for the role of Accounts Assistant must have:
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment.
- Must have experience of working within the construction industry.
- Computer literate with an aptitude for numbers.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts.
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Hold or be studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification.
- Demonstrated skill in team working and collaboration.
A competitive salary of £23,000-£25,000 plus extensive benefits.