Our client is currently looking for 3 or 4 Store Managers who would need to be flexible to work in stores across Newcastle.
You will be required to oversee the day to day management of the Store, with prime responsibility of sales growth and maintaining store standards.
The Store Manager needs to ensure all colleagues are trained and are capable of carrying out their responsibilities, ensure 100% availability with a high level of customer service and also a high level of store standards.
* The Manager has overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the day to day running of that store.
* Manage, motivate and lead by example in providing a service to our customers which is second to none, as well as ensuring full compliance with policies and procedures.
* Manage colleague hours within the budget designated and managing weekly rotas to protect and enhance customer service, and ensure full cover within the store at all times.
* Carry out appraisals identifying training opportunities using self-learning open work books, as well as on the job training and coaching.
* Carry out in store discipline and capability procedures in line with legislation and company procedures.
* Recruit where necessary, in line with legislation and company policy.
* Maintain discipline and ensure that all company's systems and procedures are carried out on a consistent and thorough manner at all times.
* Responsibility for ordering stock on a daily/weekly basis in accordance with plan-o-grams aiming to achieve full availability at all times. Maintaining stock levels within the stores budget.
* Ensure all merchandise in stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and displayed in a safe and hygienic manner.
* Protect stock against loss or damage through mishandling, short deliveries by suppliers, theft or fraud by employees and or members of the public.
* Manage stock in terms of dates and codes to ensure that we manage the stock within the law.
* Identify potential slow moving stock which may give us a stock problem in terms of loss or write off and put together a suitable action plan to mitigate that loss or write off.
* Ensure compliance with the law with regard to all aspects of running a retail outlet that sells both food and non-food items, many of which have an age restriction attached to them specifically looking at the Offices, Shops and Railway Premises Act.
* Ensure compliance with any age restriction with regard to products sold in the store
* Ensure that all due diligence both in terms of stock rotation, temperature monitoring, completion of relevant in store documentation on an hourly, daily or weekly basis is carried out at all times.
* Stock is rotated in accordance with company policies to ensure stock is in best condition at all times, and not left to "sell before" dates.
* Managing of stock levels to ensure 100% availability to compliment the first class customer service offered as above.
* Adhering to all aspects of the licensing law with respect to being a licensee for the store.
* Assist the customer with their demands, suggestions and complaints.
The ideal candidate must have previous managerial experience in a convienience store, flexible to cover other stores when required, a good eye for detail and possess a driving licence with own transport to travel to different stores.
This is a permanent day shift position working 39 hours per week.