Residential Support Worker
Residential Support Worker - Lydney
We have an exciting permanent vacancy available and are looking for an experienced residential support worker in the Lydney area.
You will be based in a residential setting in a lovely rural house between Chepstow and Gloucestershire. You will work in a child centered residential care unit with a dedicated team. The aim is to improve the self esteem and independence of children with behavioural and emotional difficulties.
This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible. To be considered for this role, experience of working within a similar secure setting in the care sector is preferable; however we are also looking for individuals with vast life experience in general. You will have the opportunity to undertake a comprehensive training programme that will allow excellent career prospects.
Attractive working hours allow you to make the most out of your week and overtime is available. You will be required to work a total of 38 hours per week on a rotational basis - 2 full days including 2 sleep ins, then 4 days off. A performance related bonus is also available.
- Promoting independence to service users with challenging behaviour.
- Effectively communicating with all clients and service users.
- Supporting service users with day to day activities.
- Remaining organised and professional under pressurised circumstances.
- Implement effective and creative approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A flexible attitude to working hours.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care - Young People or happy to complete a fully funded qualification
- A valid DBS.
- Paid training.
- Competitive annual leave.
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Opportunity to work overtime hours.
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly team then this could be the role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply by contacting Charlotte on or via email -
This role is open to receiving applications over the next two weeks. Within 14 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will be invited to register with Randstad Car
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.