Are you passionate about care but want to be able to spend more time with your client? If so, why not work for Active Assistance as a Care Assistant where you can provide one to one support in the Client’s own home. We are looking for Care Assistant for our client in Barrow upon Trent, near Derby.
At Active Assistance you will be a known as a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the Client following a personalised care plan. You will be working with one client who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives. Ideal candidates for the role will be enthusiastic, reliable and flexible.
Our mission statement is to "enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations"
Care Assistant required in Barrow upon Trent, near Derby.
We are currently looking for a Care Assistant to work with our client who has an Acquired Brain Injury. Your role will be to support the Client with activities of daily living to include personal care, medication, domestic duties, socialising and accessing the community. You will be working in a family environment and must be able to respect privacy at times. Please note that the client has dogs.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £12 per hour for weekdays, £12.50 per hour for weekends. Sleeping nights are £70. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by number of hours worked
- Accrued holiday pay
- Shifts available Monday - Sunday
- Early shifts: 7.45am - 1.45pm
- Late shifts: 1.45pm - 7.45pm
- Paid standby shifts
- Sleeping night shifts on Saturdays (7.45pm-7.45am)
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract, however we can offer you a contract after successful completion of your 3 month probation period
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays.
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website.
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have a Training scheme. (see terms on website)
Training for the Health and Social Care Sector - a recognised vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK
What qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children & Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.