Deputy Home Manager
Deputy Home Manager, Basildon
£21K - £23K per annum
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Deputy Home Manager living close to the Basildon area of Essex. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded social care provider who provide specialist care to younger and older adults with Epilepsy and Learning and Physical Disabilities.
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strongly person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, "Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected."
As their Deputy Manager, you will be part of a residential care home for up to 10 residents. The home is very welcoming and boasts a homely and very fun feel to it with lots of activities for the residents to enjoy. There is a fantastic vibe at the home and all the team are positive and upbeat.
- Help ensure the delivery of high quality care to the service users;
- Ensuring the staff team are equipped with necessary skills, training and supervision;
- Review care plans to ensure they are up to date with individual needs;
- Ensure the implementation of quality measurements and monitoring;
- Deputising for the Home Manager in their absence.
What skills & experience are required?
- You will have a minimum of NVQ Level 4 or equivalent;
- Experience of working in a similar position or of working with people with learning disabilities is essential;
- Experience in a management/supervisory role for at least 1-year;
- It is desirable that you have a full driving licence;
There are fantastic opportunities to learn and progress in this role. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing an individual overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity to become a Deputy Manager, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.