Senior Business Development Manager
My client, a leading organisation within the Education Technology market is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager/Consultant to join their team. This will be a role focused on creating long-term, trusting relationships with customers and partners.
The main purpose of the role is to lead and implement partnership strategy, driving the end-to-end sales process for various digital services and solutions.
• Proactively identify and qualify new school partners through cold calling, and prospecting, using multiple sources (Phone, E-mail, LinkedIn, ISC database, etc.)
• Close new partnership opportunities - a mixture of transactional sales and multi-year service and professional development partnership agreements
• Utilisation of multiple CRM (Salesforce and Goldmine) software to accurately record and report all sales activity and monitor opportunities
• Preparation and management of proposals and partner order form quotations
• Develop an expert understanding of the product and service portfolio to position with education partners
• Support the marketing team in developing targeted digital campaigns, setting up tradeshows, conferences and seminars. Lead follow-up on all marketing activities.
• Establish strong positive relationships with colleagues across divisions/groups in the context of partnering in business development
• Participate/Lead outreach efforts to upsell services to existing partners by understanding partner goals and needs
• Pipeline generation and management, and forecast management
•Proven extensive work experience in a role such as a Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager
• Ambitious sales professional who is seeking a challenging opportunity within a rapidly growing business
• Experience in leading and closing five and six-figure partnership agreements
• Ability to meet defined metrics and prospecting to meet monthly sales targets
• Clear and concise communication skills and someone who can interact with partners and to position education solutions in person, over the phone and via video conference
• Solid knowledge and competency with sales tracking tools - Salesforce.com & Goldmine
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detail oriented and capable of accurate work with minimal supervision
The ideal candidate will have a strong sales background in solution selling and candidates with experience of the EdTech market are desirable but not essential.