Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are looking for an Accountant to look after our Group Airfreight and Seafreight Divisions. This role will be based at either our Heathrow or Tilbury site.
- Maintaining and providing financial reports, control and management
- Providing financial analysis and support to business leaders (operation and commercial)
- Improving internal financial systems and MIS
- Completing financial analysis of business operations
- Managing business intelligence reports and liaising with business units
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate accountancy policies, procedures and controls.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate company financial structures.
- Producing appropriate, accurate and timely financial reports and accounts for the Managing Director, the Board of Directors and legislative requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining an effective accounting organisation structure.
- Monitoring and maintaining the company car policy and administration
- Ensuring that employees are paid in a timely and effective manner.
- Confirming the company complies with all regulations applicable to Companies Act and Companies House.
- Ensuring effective and accurate financial due diligence pre and post-acquisition for all potential or newly acquired companies
- Securing finance for company investments at the most favourable rates.
- Monitoring and managing cash and make best use of deposits.
- Reporting financial issues as and when they arise to the MD and Board of Directors
Skills and Experience
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Account preparation experience
- Experience in budgets, financial forecasts and cashflow forecasts
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to effectively follow and give written and oral instructions
- Be IT Literate
- Be conscientious and have attention to detail
- Be self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Be an experienced team player
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and the drive to achieve objectives
- Be able to identify and report problems in a timely manner