Assistant Accountant - Jaguar Land Rover Chester
Role - To provide effective and efficient accounting support to the Market Area Dealership Accountant.
Assistant Accountant Core duties: To Support the Accountant within the following areas:-
* Ensure accuracy of the Daily Operating Chart with full Vehicle Stock Book reconciliation on a real-time basis
* Perform Cost base analysis.
* Provide KPI/Variance/Trend analysis as required and other requests for information
* Prepare and review management accounts variance analysis for management review.
* Prepare Finance & Insurance reconciliation.
* Ensure purchase invoices are passed in a timely manner by management team.
* Liaison with manufacturer and finance houses re unpaid / overdue commissions, bonuses etc.
* Keeping working capital under control:-
* Vehicle stocks / stock profile
* Stock funding
* Parts Stocks
* Work In Progress
* Non-Credit ("Cash") debtors
* Vehicle debtors
* Credit control disputes assigned to managers - ensure they are resolved within an acceptable timescale
* Liaise with Finance Centre with account queries.
* Review customer deposits ensuring accuracy.
* Site specific balance sheet account maintenance and reconciliation.
* Prepare monthly accounts, month end pack and year end pack to meet required deadlines.
* Prepare and submit Manufacturer Composite / other required info to manufacturer standard of accuracy and deadlines.
* Assist with company statutory audits e.g. BSA, BS Reviews, Internal Audits.
* Review VAT exception analyses and give clear instructions relevant to any corrections, and ensure VAT processes are adhered to e.g. disabled sales.
* Monthly Stock check support and compliance.
* Ensure Purchase Order control complies to company policy.
* Ensure Banking procedures and vehicle release/handovers comply with company policy.
* Support Sales Admin with account based queries.
* Ad-hoc duties as per Accountants request.
Core Skills Required
Able to interact effectively with others both on site and remotely.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential.
* Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
* Flexible approach to work and people and adaptability to a changing workplace environment.
* Kerridge Rev 8.35 experience preferable.
* Confident using Excel 2010.
* Proven experience of working within an accounts environment and able to perform complex reconciliations.
* AAT qualified or at least some formal accounts training would be preferable.
* Would suit a candidate looking to train, develop and progress within a commercial accounting environment.
An Accounts Assistant will receive a competitive salary, we also offer great benefits including:
* 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Discount gym membership
* Vehicle purchase discount
* Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
* Cycle to work scheme