FOOD TECHNOLOGIST - GRADUATE
Food Technologist - Graduate
Location: West Lothian
This privately-owned food manufacturer supply directly to retail customers across the UK, and are now expanding into international markets. Due to the addition of some new accounts, an exciting opportunity has arisen for graduate with a food-related degree along with experience in a technical role, to join the business as a Technologist.
In this role you will ensure a professional technical relationship between the company and the retailer’s Technical Managers. You will create robust, rigorous specifications for ingredients, process, products and packaging to enable replication of consistent superior product quality.
To be considered you will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual looking to make a difference. You will be passionate about delivering the highest quality standards to customers. To be successful, you will be qualified to degree level, and have at least 12 months experience in a similar technical function.
- Convert technical specifications into pack copy incorporating all technical information and claims, ensuring all consumer facing data meets all regulatory standards.
- Act as first point of contact for all own label technical queries / issues.
- Work professionally with NPD and Marketing teams to ensure that own label specification and product requirements are answered accurately and promptly.
- Understand and develop people networks required to ensure that complete and validated information is available to be inputted into specifications.
- Attend taste panel and product development meetings at own label retailers.
- Trend and analyse own label finished product microbiological & nutritional analysis results.
- Support the site QA team in achieving excellent own label audit scores.
- At least 1 years’ experience working within food manufacturing
- Experience working with retailer’s own label products is desired.
- Degree in a scientific discipline (Required).
- Experience working as part of a technical team.
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes to be considered for this position forward your CV today.