Portal Legal Adviser for Bikers
ACS are looking for a Portal Legal Adviser for Bikers for a law firm in Birkenhead. The successful candidate will manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RTA motorbike accident cases through all stages of the Portal, including litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate.
The role requires the candidate to:
- Be responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- Deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business.
- Progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity.
- Identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- Attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary.
- Where necessary, instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- A biker (in terms of experience in owning and/or riding a motorbike)
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Biker Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Resilient - able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and be passionate about developing a career in personal injury.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative.
- Team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.