Kitchen Porter for Private Member Club in Central London
Kitchen Porter Private Member Club St. James
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to join our back of house team. Duties will include cleaning of the back of house areas, kitchen and ensuring the areas are kept up to agreed standards.
This is a full-time position, with a mixture of shifts and it is based on 36 hours working 5 days out of 7, Monday-Friday 7am-3pm including evenings on occasion.
We do want to have people who feel like they would like to belong to a team, we take time to get to know you and will ensure that you get all the training you need.
The most important aspect is having a can-do attitude and a friendly nature and the ability to work unsupervised in a professional and mature manner without the need for work to be constantly audited.
You will need to have a good standard of spoken and written English as you will need to communicate effectively and be able to do a certain amount of lifting and carrying as part of your duties.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of our outstanding kitchen
- Looking after our precious crockery and cutlery
- Helping prepare some basic foods .. you may then want to train to become a chef with us!
- Approx 40 per week or £16,000 PA
- Staff fund ( Bonus ) paid twice a year up to approx. 12% of your salary on a discretionary basis
- Personal pension scheme
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Excellent staff meals while on duty
- 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays ( we are closed at Christmas and you will need to take time off then )
- Full learning and development scheme to train you in all aspects of the role and develop you should you wish to programme
Learn Train Recruit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please also note none of the data you add to this website when you apply for this job is stored on the website for your security and privacy.
Do you need your Food Safety Level 2 or Level 3? We are currently offering online courses for £10. Check out our training page.