Assistant Accountant - Award Winning Retail Scale-Up
Assistant Accountant - Award Winning Retail/ E-commerce Start-Up
We are pleased to be working exclusively with an innovative e-commerce retail start-up revolutionising their market place. The company offers a fast-paced environment full of young, driven and passionate people. Having won several awards, they are growing rapidly (100% in the past year) with current Turnover of circa £20m. They are targeting £50m Turnover by 2021.
They are keen to add someone to the business who is fun, hardworking, intelligent and wants to progress their career quickly.
The office environment is one of the most spectacular in London creating a fantastic place to work (plenty of fresh air, sense of community, office dogs, free yoga classes) - it is more like a modern art gallery based in one of the most vibrant parts of the city. They also do a lot of socialising outside of work!
The Assistant Accountant will support the newly hired Financial Controller with the setup and expansion of the Finance function. The role is what you make of it as the opportunity to get involved in a breadth of tasks is massive.
- Responsible for Purchase and Sales Ledger (Accounts Payable & Receivable)
- Manage bank reconciliations
- Extensive multi-currency transactions
- Manage payroll
- Support the FC with the implementation of a Finance system and extensive process improvement work
- Support and take increasing responsibility for month-end and the production of management accounts
- Support with the setup of budgeting and forecasting helping the FC with ad-hoc analysis where required
- Work closely with the wider business (leadership, product, operations) on ad-hoc projects
- Produce VAT Returns
- Some initial experience in a Finance Role
- Ambitious and keen to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with large volume of complex Data
- Part Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Start-Up or Scale-Up experience
- Retail or e-commerce experience
- £27,000 + Study Support
- Start Date ASAP (can wait for someone with 1 months' notice)
Please get in touch at or give me a call on .
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ