Nursery Manager Job - Essex
Role: Nursery Manager
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Area: Essex - Buckhurst Hill (IG9)
Quint Education helps with early years and support roles in the education sector across, Primary Schools, Children Centre’s and nurseries
Currently we are looking for an experienced energetic, motivated nursery manager to join a lovely team in a beautiful nursery based near Blackheath London with a "Good" rating by Ofsted.
Purpose of post
- Ensuring high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children within the nursery
- Supervision of support of other colleagues within the nursery, implanting a high quality of practice
- Day to day managements of the nursery in terms of marketing and administration
- To manage the day-to-day operation of the nursery and to provide active leadership in the maintenance and improvement of the nursery standards, policies and procedures in accordance with the National Standards. Work towards high standard of quality care and education.
- To be the person in charge for the purpose of the nursery’s registration by OFSTED, ensuring that all requirements are met.
- To plan and implement a program of care, learning and play, enabling the children to grow at a level, commensurate with their abilities.
- To take overall responsibility for Health and Safety in the nursery, including the monitoring of health and safety policies, induction of new staff and regular safety checks and audits. To ensure high standards of hygiene are maintained.
- In consultation with the director, to control admissions in the nursery, sow perspective parents around and answer any questions which the may have
- To be responsible for all administration associated with the management of the facility, e.g. maintaining records on the children and their families.
- To liaise and work in partnership with parents/carers. To meet the needs of children in conjunction with the policies contained in the parent handbook and to maintain good relationships with parents/carers
- To have good knowledge of acts within current legislation, policies and procedures. To effectively promote equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practise
- Market and advertise the nursery as necessary to ensure the nursery runs to its full capacity.
Staff and financial management is also included in this post
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or above
Safeguarding/First Aid Training
Knowledge of OFSTED standards
Excellent working knowledge of the EYFS
Excellent organisational skills
Good time management skills
Excellent communication skills
Benefits and Pay:
28 days holiday including bank holidays.
Monthly bonus scheme after passing probation
Salary - £28,000-£35,000 depending on experience.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
If you are interested in this role apply now.