Sous Chef, Cambridge, £26,000 - £28,000pa
At Select Hospitality Cambridge we are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Sous Chef , a national Contract Caterer situated in Cambridge.
Demonstrating fantastic craft skills you will be leading a team and cooking fresh food to an excellent standard. The Sous Chef will have good knowledge of food, high street and global cuisine trends, delivering dishes which not only taste great but also show creativity. The business operates a breakfast service along with a grab & go offering and full sit down lunches.
* Assisting the Chef Manager in managing a team of Chefs and feeding up to 600 employees on a daily basis
* Offering a cooked breakfast, delicious lunch options as well as a busy 'grab and go' operation
* Lead the kitchen brigade from the front, demanding the highest standards at all times
* Organise staff rotas, holidays & sickness
Experience and Skills Required
* The ideal candidate will be from a B&I contract catering background or have experience cooking high quality volume catering.
*Dedicated and strong team leader and team player
*Be able to engage with customers during food service
*Responsible & trustworthy.
*Good oral communication skills
*Accurate record keeping skills and general attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
*My client is offering the successful Chef Manager a salary of up to £28,000 dependant on skills, abilities and experience
*Enhanced pension contribution and life assurance scheme for all employees
*Monday to Friday working hours
*Excellent career development opportunities
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information, please contact Jonathan Taylor on at our Cambridge office.
Keep in touch and connect with us: