Area Sales Representative
Company - Leading food supplier.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Area Sales Representative to join the team of a leading specialist food supplier.
The role will cover an territory around Aylesbury/ Oxford/ Reading, with approximately one day every fortnight to be spent working from the depot in Aylesbury.
You will maintain and grow profitable independent sales for the company, and prospect new business within the independent sector.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- To achieve and increase sales turnover and gross profit
- To devise and deliver area business plan to maximise growth
- To devise and deliver a telesales partnership plan, to maximise business growth
- To gain and develop new accounts
- To proactively manage customer retention
- Accurate completion of area sales administration
- Maintenance of effective call cycle, via Call Smart
- To maintain competitor awareness
- To contribute to Regional Plan
- To liaise with Accounts function to minimise credit exposure
- To maintain and develop knowledge of product offering
- Ensure best commercial fit to customer and business
- Maximise selling opportunities by analysis of customer need
- To work closely with the Branch Manager and individuals within the team.
Key skills and experience required:
- Proven track record of profitable sales delivery
- Demonstration of the effectiveness of the company sales process
- Demonstrable knowledge of the market place
- Relevant experience of foodservice (desirable, but not essential)
- The capacity to interpret, understand and act upon financial data to achieve customer solutions
- IT literate
- Full UK driving licence
Location - Field based around Aylesbury/ Oxford/ Reading, with approximately one day every fortnight to be spent working from the depot in Aylesbury.
Salary - Up to 30K (OTE £35-40K) + company car + laptop + mobile phone
Hours - Monday to Friday business hours