Darlington Building Society is on the hunt for a Financial Controller to develop and manage the finance function within a very busy finance team.
This is a key appointment within the Society reporting into the Finance Director, and has people management responsibility. You will oversee the day to day running of the finance team and act as a point of contact for finance related queries and advice.
This is not a Senior Management Regime prescribed role. The role does, however, fall under the certification regime.
Main duties will include:
Preparation of Financial Information
· Ensuring timely and accurate completion of regulatory returns as well as keeping pace with and maintaining knowledge of the fast changing regulatory requirements
· Ensuring timely and accurate completion of internal management information for The Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) the Executive Committee and the Board.
· Oversight and lead of process to produce the annual accounts including the management of the audit process
· Preparation of ad-hoc financial data, information and analysis as required
· To have a significant involvement in the asset management of the Society including treasury & liquidity investment and funding requirements and strategy.
· To act as a settler or dealer within the treasury function as required.
Strategy and Management
· To have an active role in the Society’s Senior Leadership Team and its role in strategy and direction for the Society
· To undertake roles in the preparation of key strategic documents including the Society’s capital assessment (ICAAP), liquidity assessment (ILAAP), 5 year business plan and other strategic risk documents
· Play an integral role in risk management of the Building Society to ensure the Society complies with all regulatory requirements
Budgeting and Modelling
· Prepare accurate and timely budgets & forecasts, P+L, balance sheet providing commentary and analysis including the Society’s annual 5 year budget
· To manage the Finance department administrative costs budgets
· To oversee the production of quarterly administrative expenses budgets and ensure adequate cost control is applied
· Financial modelling, business planning and relevant analysis, particularly in respect of capital assessment
· Will report into and work closely with the FD. Monthly one to one meetings will be used to supervise and monitor work flows as well as prioritise and manage work.
· Work with the Finance Manager and Financial Reporting Officer to achieve the goals of the Finance department as well as the Finance administrator team.
· Will have overall day to day management responsibility for the supervision and appraisal of staff within the Finance department.
· Work with other departments within the Society both directly and as part of project groups and committees such as the Senior Management Forum (SMF).
· Prepare papers on complex areas and presentation of these to internal committees including the Board.
· To be a member of the SMF, Pricing committee and Product Governance Committee as well as attending the Asset and Liabilities committee
· Liaise with external stakeholders to provide all required information and manage relationship.
Continual Development of Finance Department and Society
· Ensuring processes, work flows and systems within the department are challenged and developed to ensure the efficiency of processes are maximised and the quality of data produced is continually improved.
· To take ownership of key projects to deliver departmental projects
· Develop systems and procedures
You will be self-motivated, adaptable, logical, and able to delegate effectively, with a hands-on approach, be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and have the following attributes;
· Self-driven and highly motivated individual
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Ability to produce and develop MI reporting
· Experience of the Financial Services sector and understanding regulatory requirements