European Purchasing Manager
We are currently recruiting for a European Purchasing Manager for a business based in Birmingham.
- To provide total procurement and support to the assigned location/plant covering.
- Product Purchasing Materials and Services.
- To drive the integrated Production and Non Production purchasing function in order to bring the "add-value" for the operations in the Birmingham and other plants.
- Responsible for identification and evaluation of procurement opportunities with all plants.
- To strictly adhere to the existing sourcing processes and procedures.
- VAVE Change Management with Engineering.
- Providing leadership for the Birmingham and the other plant commodity buyers.
- Manage all activities in responsible plants.
- Manage annual purchasing budget.
- Lead, manage and supervise staff.
- Responsibility for Cost savings budget.
- Developing and implementing commodity plans for each commodity buyer.
- Implementing and ensuring that process is followed, e.g. price increases, sourcing table, standard contracts, supplier assessments tec.
- Developing a realistic plan to rationalize supplier base.
- Providing Europe regional support, actively taking part in regional activities and meetings.
- Leading/taking part in major supplier negotiations.
- Provide support for local business unit and local senior management.
- Providing support fro engineering to ensure new customer programs are achieved.
- Provide support and regular report outs for local and regional management.
- Implementing Global initiatives locally.
- Communicating locally and regionally on important issues effecting Birmingham and other plants.
- Developing long term plans for high cost commodities, e.g. tubing, forgings, castings, bearings.
- Liaising with Global Commodity managers.
- Supporting staff career development program.
- Degree or Higher Level Diploma in business related studies of Supplier Management/Purchasing.
- Solid knowledge of Supplier Chain and Change Management experience is essential/desirable.
- Exceptional record on cost savings is essential.
- Problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong management skills are essential.
- Strong leadership/negotiations sills are essential.
Strategy - Ability to think and act in a strategic way
- Can lead & act consistent with the company's strategy and values
- Able to demonstrate strategic problem solving, good decision making and sound judgment
- Demonstrates sound business and technical acumen
- Shows a high degree of intellectual rigor during problem solving
Talent - Ability to build and develop talent
- Able to align talent to company's strategy
- Demonstrates ability to develop self and others
- Shows evidence of continuous learning
- Demonstrates performance leadership
Approach - Ability to demonstrate an effective approach to engagement and problem solving
- Able to build trust and engage others
- Can build or contribute to an inclusive team environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications
- Exhibits a strong professional presence
Results - Ability to achieve planned results
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus through planning and actions
- Acts with initiative and urgency
- Shows the ability to be a change leader with adaptability and continuous improvement
- Ability to hold oneself and other accountable for results
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage all available resources to achieve results