Finance Officer Italian Speaking
My client is Europe’s leading provider of Shopping Centre Gift Cards. The company was established in 2001 and over the last 17 years has grown every year, providing over 5,000,000 Gift Cards in the UK, Poland, Finland, Italy and Middle East to date.
Among its clients include companies such as Intu, M&G, Prudential, Westfield and EMAAR Properties. The company provides gift card services to many shopping centres, including provision of the tills and ePOS systems found at the information desks, end to end customer service, a full finance & reconciliation service, and centre support for transaction and hardware issues.
- Fluent in writtten and spoken Italian
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
- Experience in a similar finance & reconciliation role
- Competent use of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
Role description & comments
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the reconciliation of all client and payment accounts, assist in the preparation of management information & reports for clients and senior management.
The post holder will be expected to collate bank statements and financial information arising from card sales at shopping centres, and reconcile transactions at tills to banking and payment activities. Other duties will include responding to enquiries from the business’s clients and ensuring timely and effective resolution of finance-related queries.
The role will require a confident 'self-starter’, who will work on their own initiative in this critical area of the business as part of a relatively small & dynamic team, managing their own workload and actively assisting in business improvements in process, systems and best practice .
Duties will include (but are not exhaustive):
- Perform daily bank reconciliation for client accounts, ensuring that the accounts are reconciled and any shortfalls or problems are identified, flagged to management teams, and resolved promptly.
- Investigate and resolve accounting / bank account discrepancies
- Provide timely and effective support for clients seeking assistance with banking or reconciliation enquiries.
- Provide assistance and guidance to support team members to effectively resolve support issues, minimising impact to bank reconciliation
- Participate in projects to provide guidance and advice when delivering new services & products and how these affect the bank reconciliation.
- Assist in the introduction of new services, business improvement processes, systems and best practice.
- Produce and disseminate management information to the management team
- Prepare and issue invoices for shopping centres and corporate clients.
- Ensure that invoices are paid on a timely basis, and follow up on exceptions to avoid the business suffering financial loss through non-payment of monies owed
- Assess and 'release’ orders that have been paid for by checking bank statements to ensure monies received.
- Maintaining business assets lists and spreadsheets
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year