Accounts Payable Manager
A leading International Consumer business based in West London are looking for an AP Manager to join the team.
The purpose of the role is to manage the day to day operations of a multi-currency Accounts Payable Department.
The AP manager needs to be able to develop and nurture a team of 8 AP assistants, Ensuring efficiency in workflow and continuous improvement in processes.
In this role you will:
- Control and monitor the end to end accounts payable process including reconciliation of statements, payment runs and tight month end close process.
- Ensure all invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner, encouraging the team to problem solve and engage with the wider business and suppliers as required.
- Be prepared to assess current invoice matching process and make improvements to achieve matching/payment targets.
- Establish and maintain effective controls over payment runs to suppliers, including BACs, faster payments, Government payments, standing orders and direct debits
- Establish, manage and control the system of making regular payments to landlords and submission of returns to the Inland Revenue within the required time lines
- Manage supplier statement reconciliations and balance confirmations on a timely basis and ensure credit notes are received as required.
- Oversee the Purchase Order process and assist the business with queries & raising PO’s when required.
- Review the GRNI balance with the Head of Finance on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance to other parts of finance department and liaise with operations & other non-financial functions;
- Develop and mentor, the AP Assistants, managing clear objectives and providing career planning and coaching.
- Implementing changes in processes and policies as required by the business
- Liaise and assist with the internal and external Audit team as required.
- Maintain accurate and up to date supplier information (including payment terms and bank details).
- Assist in establishing robust financial controls around the end-to-end accounts payable process.
- Periodic review of aged payables & accruals with the Head of Finance.
- Work with the wider business to assist in the implementation and training of Invoice approval & Purchase Order systems.
- Set up and maintain appropriate KPI's to manage and report operational performance of the P2P process across the business
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Relevant knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills coupled with professional telephone manner.
- Proven AP Supervisor/manager experience essential with excellent people management skills
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
- 50% staff discount
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Ride to work scheme
- On-site gym
- On-site staff shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
- Charity Scheme
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates.