Buyer Engineering Industry
Are you a strong negotiator?
Do you want to grow your career in the engineering industry?
Our client is looking for a confident Buyer to join their market leading company. The Buyer will be part of a worldwide manufacturing company who are well known for the efficiency of the products they produce. The Buyer’s main responsibility will be to establish and maintain a functioning supply base for consumables and maintenance parts/services.
The successful Buyer will be responsible for establishing, developing and negotiating the supply agreements for our client’s consumables and maintenance. Our client is looking for an individual who is a confident negotiator with an understanding of 'Total Cost’ along with strong administration skills including experience within purchasing. The Buyer must also be a confident communicator as they will be interacting with colleagues from all levels within the business.
The Buyer’s main duties will include:
- Establishing, developing and negotiating pricing and supplier agreements for a variety of goods and services.
- Overseeing all consumable and maintenance suppliers across Dorking and depot sites.
- Being in frequent contact with suppliers.
- Reviewing SAP/Manual purchasing requisitions on a daily basis and ensuring all SAP data is up to date.
- Process and expedite purchase orders.
- Examine potential and improved methods of supply chain practices.
- Arrange for sample first offs to be approved.
- Effectively consolidating suppliers.
- Processing and dealing with returned goods, chasing outstanding credits and non-conformances.
- Work with the other departments in the selection of suppliers and ways to improve suitable suppliers.
- Effectively manage cost reduction activity taking all factors into consideration
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Buyer who possesses these qualities:
- Experience in purchasing within an engineering or manufacturing company along with purchasing knowledge
- Desirably a knowledge of MRP and Kanban philosophies
- Good computer skills including SAP, Word and Excel
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise and successful balance their workload
- The ability to work independently
- Confident communication skills
- A clean driving licence
This is a full-time position so the Buyer will be working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Plus out client is offering £35,000 per annum for this role.
So if you are looking to join a market-leading company - apply now!
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the "Data Subject", will be supplying Jade Recruitment Limited with "Personal Sensitive Data". Full details of how Jade Recruitment Limited comply with the GDPR legislation will be provided to you at the time of registration.