Assistant Management Accountant - Projects
Dawsongroup plc|Temperature Control Solutions
Assistant Management Accountant
Dawsongroup| Temperature Control Solutions Ltd is part of Dawsongroup plc, a national provider of commercial vehicle rental and contract hire solutions.
Operating from a network of strategically positioned depots across the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic AssistantManagement Accountant based at our Sutton in Ashfield depot working on our Projects.
You will assist the Management Accountant to prepare the monthly Management Accounts for Dawsongroup Projects, monitor and control financial information on projects from costing through to completion.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Raise expenditure paperwork for any project work
- Attend pre-brief meetings with all parties involved prior to any work commencing
- Authorise maintenance and purchase orders relating the projects, ensuring the costs are included in the authorised costing
- Monitor costs during the progress of a project
- Prepare the financial information for de-briefs once projects are complete
- Maintain cost sheets and prepare for authorisation
- Control and maintain the nominal ledger account for project work in progress
- Calculate and accrue depreciation on completed projects
- Raise purchase orders for hire fleet from body builders and fridge suppliers
- General accounting responsibilities
- Other duties as required by the Management Accountant
The successful candidate will:
- Be AAT qualified / or close to completion
- Have experience working with in an accounts function
- Bought Ledger experience
- Have a knowledge of AS400 (desirable)
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office – especially excel
Dawsongroup plc is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the continuous improvement and satisfaction of our employees. As such, training and ongoing development are readily available, as well as a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package.