Our clienthas an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join them based in Solihull, on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Our client’s vision is clear: they want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. They believe in Exceptional People, Superior Service and Commercial Innovation. They’ve created a driven, no-nonsense, agile culture that moves faster than you imagine. And every one of them stands for honesty, for hard work, and, well… for getting on with the job. So, when it comes to achieving their vision, they’re naturally hardwired to do it.
Benefits of working for them:
- Opportunity to earn up to 10% bonus pa
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Buy & Sell Holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Management Accountant role:
To manage the day to day management accounting requirements for the company, which ensures that the business has accurate and robust financial reports.
Key responsibilities of their Management Accountant:
- Monthly production of management accounts and leading the month end close process, including critical analysis of first draft results
- Prepare and process month-end journals (accruals, prepayments, allocations, etc.)
- Producing and reconciling VAT returns
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations. Highlighting, analysing, understanding and resolving variances
- Provide cover within the Finance team for the preparation of the monthly payroll ensuring that all amendments for new starters, leavers, bonus, commission and any other payments have been correctly input and are fully authorised in accordance with policy
- Assisting with the completion of year end statutory accounts and reconciliations to the management accounts
- Assisting with the year-end audit process
- Completion of national statistics office returns
- Assisting with developing and providing a business partnering service to budget holders across the organisation
- Managing the Fixed Asset Register for the company
- Other ad hoc tasks required by the business.
What is needed become their Management Accountant?
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with all round experience, preferably in an SME company environment or working towards your qualification
- An analytical approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Well organised with the ability to establish robust processes
- A keen and flexible approach to work with the ability to take on a variety of ad hoc tasks
- Strong system skills and strong excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) or working towards qualification
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Management Accountant then please click 'apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!