Technical Engineering Buyer
We are actively recruiting for a Technical Engineering Buyer on behalf of our client. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the purchasing of engineering materials, components and services and maintaining inventory levels. You will work closely with suppliers ensuring a good working relationship is kept at all times. You will be required to build excellent working relationships with new suppliers when and as needed. You will strive to minimise costs whilst maintaining quality and establish modern supply chain techniques to meet the needs of the company’s Lean manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawings
- Technical knowledge of materials and tolerances involved with engineering components
- General understanding of all relevant engineering processes
- Commercially aware of prices for parts and services
- A good understanding of MRP software for the purchasing process (training can be provided)
- Action MRP demand for parts and services
- Carry out the RFQ process, analysing all quotes and terms and making supplier selection
- Negotiate terms and prices, using the standard AMP Rose Purchasing Conditions with suppliers as a basis
- Build relationships with current supply base whilst sourcing new suppliers. Visit and audit suppliers to assess suitability to supply
- Work closely with Suppliers and Technical departments to improve quality of parts and resolve non-conformance issues.
- With the use of KPI's monitor and communicate supplier performance with regards to quality, delivery and price
- Take ownership of inventory, managing stock levels ensuring the best possible purchasing practices are adhered too.
- Arrange and manage long-term supplier agreements
- Previous experience with in a procurement/buyer role is essential
- Technical knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good business acumen
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Team Player
- IT literate
- Ability to organise and prioritise work load
Salary £32,000 p.a. Circa
Due to the volume of applications received, it is with regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 5 day, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.