Sales Engineer Oil & Gas
Sales Engineer Oil & Gas
Staines Salary Circa £30,000 + Excellent Package
Our client an American owned International business based in Reading with offices throughout the World are seeking to recruit a Sales Engineer. The successful candidate will plan, supervise and coordinate designated key accounts and business activities for the promotion of Engineered Product bookings for new apparatus and exceed assigned sales quotas within budgeted expenses.The general function of this job is to lead the sales activity with key accounts through pursuing suitable opportunities and successfully closing orders with customers in line with company guidelines whilst meeting or exceeding booking targets.The position requires extensive overseas travel, often outside of normal working hours to visit customers, suppliers, trade associations and other company offices. Attendance and promotion at conferences, exhibitions and other industry events will be necessary.You will ideally have a Bachelors engineering degree Knowledge of rotating equipment fundamentals, metallurgy, gas properties and fluid dynamics.Proven experience hands-on prior experience in selling customised engineered products.A solid track record for demonstrating leadership, communication, presentation, and human relation skills.
The Role:Meet or exceed the regional annual booking quota as established by the corporate business plan.
- Strategy generation and communication of it across the company to succeed in winning projects.
- Report weekly workload ongoing and upcoming to enable management to prioritize resources accordingly.
- Regularly review market changes and dynamics and ensure team is pursuing suitable opportunities that are in-line with the company's future strategy.
- On a regular basis, review the opportunity list with the Regional Sales Manager and sales team to ensure these are aligned with company overall objectives.
- Ensure opportunities and booking are communicated effectively and regularly using the corporate tools such as Siebel CRM.
- Provide reports & status updates to EMA Regional Sales Manager & Regional Director and other senior executives as required.
- Forecast and advise agent commission expense with Regional Sales Manager.
- Visit customers regularly to develop relationships, review opportunities and ensure Elliott Group is correctly positioned in the market place.
- Provide input to the Corporate Strategic Plan as required.
- Provide input to the R&D plan as required.
- Work effectively with EMA Global Service to maximise synergy's between the two divisions and maximise value added from both groups to our customers.
- Analyse general, economic and competitive business trends within assigned accounts and report to Sales Manager.
- Make recommendations on new market opportunities.
- Provide forecasting data on all products within assigned accounts.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with Manufacturer's reps (if applicable) & Sales Representatives in assigned territory.
- Initiate complete order entry data requirements on contract for manufacture.
- Monitor project order activity during manufacturing, construction and commissioning; cooperate with Project Management and participate in significant commercial decisions affecting assigned accounts.
Benefits: * Ideal opportunity to join a company where rewards are high and
enabling you to enhance and develop your career
* An opportunity to join an international company with an exceptional benefits package
And flexible working hours
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Free on site parking