Senior Tax Manager
Hours of work: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Reports to: Head of Department
Responsible for: Mixed Tax
Purpose of the role:
Reed Finance is working with a mid tier well established practice based in Central London this is a newly created position, your primary role will be to work closely with the tax partners to deliver a full advisory service to our clients. This could include working with; high net worth clients, non-domicile and international clients, inheritance tax, trusts and estate planning which could involve corporate restructuring. There will also be some compliance work.
The successful candidate will have mixed tax experience gained from a mid-tier London or regional accountancy practice. You must be able to demonstrate personal tax expertise and knowledge and be able to build credible relationships with clients.
You will gain exposure to a varied portfolio with unlimited scope for progression.
Main duties and responsibilities, these include but are not limited to:-
Technical & Practical
- Provide a tax advisory service and develop the firms offering.
- Undertake research and suggest proposals for technical tax matters
- Assist Partners with more complex inquiries and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up
- Undertake mixed (mainly personal) tax work, ensuring that the quality of work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the firms’ quality standards
- Liaising with HMRC and external auditors and tax advisors on tax related issues
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach is taken
- Critically review tax returns prepared by staff and be able to recognize major tax issues
- Keep Tax Partners regularly up to date on work in progress
- Maintain regular communication with all clients
Personal Work Management
- Complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete billing process in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage complex and competing priorities
- Identify opportunities that the firm may discuss with the client, where applicable
- Generate new leads and win new tax advisory work
- Participate in business development opportunities and working with Partner’s and Managers to promote the firm’s tax expertise.
- Assist the marketing team to develop internal and external material.
Developing Self and Others
- Undertake business development activities to grow the advisory service supporting the partners
- Provide training to fellow employees where required
- Develop good knowledge of the firm’s processes and procedures
- ACA, ACCA, CTA, STEP or ADIT qualification is preferred
Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Alphatax CCH and Practice Engine packages
- Mixed tax experience
- Proven track record of managing own portfolio
- Proven experience within a predominately advisory role dealing with a wide range of corporate, personal, and compliance tax issues
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Excellent attention to detail is crucial
- Excellent team working and relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational and execution skills;
- Ability to respond well to demands from a dynamic business environment;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to proactively engage with the business;
- The tenacity to achieve results;
- Innovative and solution-oriented;
- Commercial focused