UK London Markets Commercial Broker Manager
My Client a fresh and forward thinking Insurance Brokerage are currently looking for a UK London Markets Commercial Broker Manager to look after a team of four currently.
- Effectively managing the servicing, broking, account handling, administration and development of the Property/Commercial Combined department.
- Optimise service standards in the department to a level that not only will withstand a random service audit but that also encourages and supports fiscal stability and growth, both independently and through cross-department operational commonalities.
- Actively promote and encourage consistency, growth and high level of service across all departments within the company.
- Proactively develop existing agents, re-connect with historical agents and source as well as contribute to the sourcing of new agents.
- Proactively develop new schemes &/or facilities, including their on-going management.
- Author and maintain a compliant and effective Property/Commercial Combined department Procedures Manual and ensure that the guidelines within are adhered to.
- Support the development and management of all staff in your team through regular appraisals and monitoring of KPI’s.
- Ensure that you and your team adhere to group policies.
- Act as a technical referral point for less experienced colleagues.
- Maintain and promote a good working knowledge of the company’s products.
- Diligently and accurately apply and sign off and agree rates and terms in a compliant manner using your authority under any binding authorities.
- Promote and maintain excellent customer and underwriter relationships at all times.
- Continually demonstrate at all times my clients Core Values and behaviours as published.
- In all your dealings with your Broker Partners, promote and be mindful of the general principles of FCA compliance including but not limited to Treating Customers Fairly, Financial Crime, Data Protection and Anti - Bribery procedures
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive with a "can-do attitude"
- Lead by example in all matters of conduct, communication and performance.
- Employ excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Possess and use effectively a high level of management and leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate and engage with your colleagues
- An excellent technical knowledge of the classes of business you administer.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Lloyds Market
- A positive attitude and focus on providing exemplary customer service
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and via the written word, including but not limited to a high level of negotiating, broking and relationship-management skills.
- Possess a good appreciation and understanding of financial matters particularly in the area of budget planning and control of income and expenses.
- A proven record of problem solving and adaptability and the ability to think quickly on your feet