This is an exciting opportunity to join Watchfinder legal team as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant. As a Paralegal/ Legal Assistant you will provide legal advice and support across Watchfinder on a wide range of matters. You will work in a small team of Legal professionals and engage with our Group legal team & external legal advisors on a range of legal cases.
Working with people from all areas of Watchfinder, your day to day tasks will include reviewing and drafting legal agreements, carrying out research and providing advice on legal queries from the business. You will also be responsible for updating and maintaining Watchfinder’s contract filling system.
- Typing and collating of correspondence and other documents as required.
- Amending and formatting documents quickly and accurately (minimum 65+ wpm).
- Taking messages accurately and passing to appropriate person(s).
- Keeping information confidential both internally and externally.
- Maintain an effective filing system.
- Liaising with Insurers in connection with Insurance Endorsements for courier vehicles, new stores, increased stock limits, security reviews and transit reports.
- Legal issues, such as litigation, manufacture and brand requests, liaison with external legal companies.
- Liaising with other departments when responding to Police DPA requests, providing information concerning payment fraud, and legal proceedings to collect funds owed.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that effective administration cover is maintained
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards, carrying out internal and external fire risk assessments, ensuring all equipment is compliant and arranging PAT testing, electrical reports in line with current legislation.
- Other support services including liaison with internal departments and insurance broker regarding all aspects of ad-hoc insurance provision for events/exhibitions, photoshoots, watch loans, over limit transits, overnight working, stores 'temporary over limit’, transit loss insurance claims.
- A good knowledge of Trademark and Copyright legislation, to assist in the monitoring of any infringement, and subsequent legal correspondence.
Essential Skills, Experience and/or qualifications
- Self-starter who can work efficiently and independently under pressure within tight deadlines.
- A positive and 'can do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly accurate with a keen eye for detail.
- Professional and confident telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft office packages.
- Good Team player.
- A willingness and capability to serve client needs and handle client relations at the highest level.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Commitment to the success of the firm.
- Personable and highly professional.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours may be required from time-to-time.
- Previous experience working as a paralegal or in a similar role
- Experience of contract negotiations.