SEN Teaching Assistant for January start
Do you have experience working with children or young people? Are you passionate about working with children who have special educational needs and disabilities? Do you have a loving and nurturing personality?
Timeplan Education provide a first-class, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and education professionals.
We provide schools with compliant, fully qualified and experienced teachers, support staff and residential support workers. We work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEN schools.
The School - Ealing, London
Our SEN Primary School, has students who have various special educational needs and disabilities such as Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome and Physical Disabilities. They provide quality education for primary aged children in their local area. The school works effectively with all members of its community, students, staff and parents to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment, de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships.
Person Specification - Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA/LSA) - Ealing, London
- Ideally candidates will hold a fully enhanced DBS, child and adult, qualification within Childcare and will have at least 6 months' experience of working with young children or adults with special educational needs and disabilities. Should you not have a DBS, we can apply for one when you come in to register
- You must be flexible in your approach to supporting children both in small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- You must have previous experience working with children or adults with special needs and disabilities including but not limited to ADHD, ASD, Autism, Down syndrome, Complex Needs, and Emotional Behaviour Disorders.
- You must have a calm and positive attitude.
About the Role - Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA/LSA) - Ealing, London
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) you will be supporting pupils from early years to year 6, promoting a love of learning. These roles are daily supply and long term with competitive rates of pay, starting from £60, reflecting previous experience working with children and workload.
You will be required to:
- Take direction from the class teacher and support children in either small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Work within the curriculum, as required offer support students with knowledge of life skills.
- Offer learning support to the children within your care and ensure that they are enjoying their learning experience.
This position is paying a daily rate of around £60 - £75 and you will be paid on a weekly basis.
Timeplan Education offer all Teaching Assistants (TA):
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants.
- Opportunities to make career progression
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Recommend a Friend
Recommend a friend who is looking for a teaching or support role and we will reward you with: £250 Love2Shop vouchers once they have worked for 20 days.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, call
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
Time Plan Education is a committed equal opportunities employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the disclosure and barring service.