Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
Do you want to be:-
- Be part of a recognised large accountancy network while benefiting from being in a friendly, local business atmosphere
- Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with local small businesses. You will be helping a wide range of small business owners with their finances, no two days will be the same!
- Receive support from an accountancy network and Support Centre for technical and business development support
- Benefit from access to training, CPD, guidance, tools and videos to expand your soft skills and technical knowledge
- Work for an employer that is focused on long-term staff retention. Career development opportunities are available to the right candidates
- Join a team that is quick to adapt, are advocates of cloud bookkeeping and other time-saving products - we take innovation seriously
The aim of this role is to maintain accurate financial records and to help prepare accounts for a variety of businesses. The role will be required to provide administrative support for businesses and also to support a qualified accountant. The post holder will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment. It may be necessary to assist other staff from time to time.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
General book-keeping duties which includes
- double entry book-keeping;
- receipts and payments - preparation of statements showing income and expenditure
- completing VAT returns
- helping prepare P&L accounts and balance sheets
Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with clients/visitors/enquirers and other staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
Manage, organise and update relevant data using commercial software
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed.