People Operations & Office Manager (Good for Graduates)
About the People Operations & Office Manager Role
Our People team is growing and we are currently on the lookout for an extremely well organised and proactive person to coordinate the day to day operations of our vibrant office as well as provide the right assistance to the People Manager in making our environment the best possible place to work.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very enthusiastic and feels ready to take ownership of the facility coordination in a fast-growing financial technology start-up.
As People Operations & Office Manager Roleyour responsibilities and duties will include:
- Keeping the office pleasant, professional and tidy, making sure that it functions smoothly and in accordance with our company values on a day-to-day basis;
- Coordinating the health & safety process for our office floor;
- Liaising with our office space provider and suggesting processes to improve the way we work together;
- Handling the general phone enquiries line, sorting post, and looking after visitors;
- Taking lead in the employee onboarding and offboarding experience, making sure that new hires can access the office efficiently, and that their work desks and IT equipment are set up and ready for them to use;
- Taking lead on the internal staff communication by sending out announcements and newsletters to the team;
- Setting up meeting rooms and technical equipment for weekly lunch & learns as well as the internal training sessions;
- Taking responsibility for purchasing, our weekly grocery shop and helping with booking travel across the business;
- Coordinating ad-hoc facility and culture related projects;
- Being the ambassador for our social committee.
You will absolutely love this role if...
- You are used to fast-paced environments and are able to learn very quickly;
- You are extremely well-organised and have a very keen eye for detail;
- You see yourself as an efficient team player with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are able to work under pressure and have a very good sense of humour
Essential Skills and Competencies of the People Operations & Office Manager Role
The ideal candidate will have skills/knowledge of:
- Relevant experience in facility operations or front-of-house reception with superb phone etiquette is essential;
- Proven track record of organising schedules, prioritising busy workload and creating new effective processes to support the functioning of a demanding office environment is required;
- Experience working in a tech startup is highly preferred
Desired Skills and Competencies of the People Operations & Office Manager Role
- Organised - You are highly organised and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
- Collaborative - You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly, both verbally and in a written format.
- Proactive - You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to detail and think about the implications of what you are doing.
For more information about the People Operations & Office Manager Role role or to apply send your CV now.